8-12 month contract with potential to become full time permanent
The Lake Simcoe Regional Airport (LSRA) is one of the newest and best positioned regional airport facilities in Canada. Located in one the fastest growing regions of Ontario directly serving a population base over 400,000, the Lake Simcoe Regional Airport serves the County of Simcoe including the municipalities of Barrie, Orillia and the Township of Oro-Medonte.
With its modern airport facilities and 6,001 ft. runway, the Lake Simcoe Regional Airport is able to serve a wide variety of aircraft. It is also fully serviced by the Canada Border Service Agency; the Lake Simcoe Regional Airport maintains a Commercial Port-Of-Entry status, which allows the airport to accommodate both international passengers and freight.
The LRSA is seeking a candidate that will be responsible for all business development, sales and marketing activities. The right candidate will be a creative thinker who can contribute to the overall sales and marketing strategy and objectives as set out by the Board of Directors. They will have a proven track record in generating sales, executing successful sales and marketing plans, and capturing new business.
- Develop, deploy, and manage airport marketing and sales plans and programs.
- Lead all sales efforts and pursue business prospects to relocate and/or expand to the LRSA, which may include aviation companies, light manufacturing companies, and other aerospace related industries
- Build, maintain and expand network of new and existing customers.
- Maintain effective and co-operative liaison with airport staff, affiliated agencies, vendors, suppliers, consultants, service providers and staff in other government and community organizations.
- Maintain a high standard of public relations at all times.
- Make presentations to City officials, airport tenants and community groups regarding the airport business development program.
- Attend industry meetings and participate on committees, task forces and project teams and other public meetings as required.
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize revenue from airport properties as employment lands.
- Develop and execute financial plans and budgets related to Marketing and Business Development projects.
- Provide detailed sales forecasts for annual plan and periodic updates of current business and forecasted programs.
- Determine proposal/bid evaluations criteria and recommend contract awardees to the Board of Directors.
- Manage real estate property and facility agreement terms for compliance and renewal.
- Candidate must have three to five years experience in aviation or an aviation related industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, project management, time management, organizational, analytical, report-writing, communication, prioritization, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- A strong and demonstrated track record of sales and business development.
- Ability to think and act strategically and effectively in a political and community service environment, to build strong external alliances/partnerships in order to collaborate and to align corporate goals/objectives with shareholder objectives.
Eight to twelve month contract position with potential to become a full time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume electronically (MS Word format or PDF only) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday, December 1, 2012.
Human Resources Department, City of Barrie, P.O. Box 400, Barrie, Ontario, L4M 4T5.
The Corporation is seeking a friendly, personable, dedicated, enterprising and results-oriented leader.
The City of Barrie provides a dynamic operating environment and working conditions.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, S.O. 2001, c.25 and will be used to determine employment eligibility. Questions regarding collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department at 705-739-4202.